#401 Project All the Train stations in the Netherlands 55 s'Hertogenbosch



I have been in s'Hertogenbosch (the Dukes forest) more times than I can recall. I love the vibe from this city - not just the café culture and cosy streets and the bustling market square but also the impressive old city fortifications from the 15-17th Century which are so well preserved, as well as the dominating Gothic Sint-Janskathedraal. All these elements combined make Den Bosch a unique city to spend time in. 

Given I have been here many times I should really know more about the history of the city- but the weather was too nice to explore old buildings and museums for a history lesson - instead just a few meters outside the front of the station and before the temptation of the most famous bossche bol shop in the city got to me - I took a swift left and walked along the Dommel,  to the south side of the city , to Bossche Broek. Here, just minutes form the city centre you really feel disconnected from urban life as you wander the nature reserve - but the towers of Sint-Janskathedraal looking down upon you- always remind you - that in the Netherlands - you are never really far away from a café latte. 











Comments